Established: Fall 2018
Meeting Frequency: Monthly
Working Group 29: Computational Advances in Operations Research
Working Group 34: Data Science and Analytics
Working Group 35: AI and Autonomous Systems
Distributed Working Group 3: Emerging Operations Research
Special Meeting Ties:
Emerging Techniques Forum
Artificial Intelligence and Autonomy
CoP Lead: Dr. Nathaniel D. Bastian; email@example.com
CoP Co-Lead: Mr. Dave Saranchak; firstname.lastname@example.org
Overview: Data science and artificial intelligence (DS&AI) is a rapidly growing area within the operations research, computer science, statistics, applied mathematics, systems engineering and other analytical disciplines that impact the national security, intelligence and homeland defense communities. As a data-focused and decision-driven field, DS&AI enables descriptive, diagnostic, predictive and prescriptive analytics and intelligent decision-support, including autonomous systems. Recently, the DS&AI area has been energized by technological advances that have led to new methods that are both highly available, low-cost and extremely scalable.
Objective: Connect DS&AI practitioners, researchers, academics and leaders across the national and homeland security community with a common goal of sharing best practices and leveraging the unique tools, techniques and technologies of the field.
The DS&AI CoP is chartered to achieve the following:
- Provide a forum for communication and collaboration of DS&AI-related issues, tools, methodologies, etc. within the MORS Community.
- Meet at least annually during the MORS Annual Symposium, as well as at least monthly throughout the year.
- Maintain an interface with the DS&AI-related operations research analysis activities throughout the MORS Community to facilitate quick response collaboration.
- Share DS&AI-related topics, best practices, insights, and lessons learned.
- Maintain a website identifying and summarizing the DS&AI-related operations research analysis capabilities and activities within the MORS Community.