In 2007, MORS established the Junior Analyst Award to recognize young analysts who are already making an impact on Operations Research. The award now bears the name of Wayne P. Hughes, FS, former Dean of the Graduate School of Operational and Information Sciences at the Naval Postgraduate School
A candidate for an award may be nominated by a mentor, boss or colleague. The submitter should give relevant information on no more than two pages, including the candidate’s date of birth, education, work experience, and reasons for the nomination in relation to the selection criteria.
- Nominees should be forty-years old or less as of 1 June the year of nomination and have been doing operations research for less than 10 years.
- Distinguished self by one or more of the following accomplishments:
- Outstanding publication(s) highlighting their analyses
- Development of significant new analysis
- The use of research results in the solution off military problems