The Department of the Air Force's Chief Data and AI Office and the Office of Studies and Analysis are partnering to host the Data, Analytics, and Artificial Intelligence Forum in Miramar Beach, FL 8-11 of April 2024. This multi-day gathering of the nation's top Data Analytics and AI experts will be a vital opportunity to exhibit use cases, engage in discussions on threat briefs and research, and learn through tutorials and workshops. Abstracts are due on or before Wednesday, 21 February 2024, by 5:00 p.m. ET. Applicants will receive notification of submission status by Friday, 1 March 2024.
Fusion in Flight: Integrating Data, Analytics, and AI to Drive a Modern Air and Space Force
- Interconnected Innovation: Explore how the combination of data, analytics, and AI has led to innovative solutions in the Air and Space Forces.
- Empowering Airmen/Guardians through Integrated Technologies: Discussing how this triad of technology empowers airmen and guardians at all levels, from operators to support, through enhanced situational awareness, predictive insights, and decision support tools.
- Efficient Integration for Enhanced Decision-Making: Delving into strategies and best practices for integrating data, analytics, and AI in a way that streamlines processes and enhances the decision-making pipeline.
- Operational Impact: Showcasing how the fusion of these technologies impacts various aspects of operations – from logistics and maintenance to combat strategies and training.
- Strategy and Future Vision: Offering insights into how this integrated approach will shape the future of the Department of the Air Force, including potential challenges and opportunities on the horizon.
- Collaborative Approaches: Highlighting successful collaborations between the military, industry, and academic sectors in driving forward this integrated approach.
The event will kickoff around noon on Monday
with Tutorials/workshops, Tues/Wed will be all day with keynotes and breakout
sessions, and Thurs will be more breakouts and end at noon.
Contact Ms. Sarah Madonia at firstname.lastname@example.org with any registration questions. Contact DAF.Data.AIForum@us.af.mil with any event questions.
Ms. Tara Murphy Dougherty
Tara Murphy Dougherty is the CEO of Govini. Prior to this, she served as Govini’s President, where she led strategy and growth and oversaw Govini’s work with all federal clients. She has held leadership positions in technology across industry, government, and nonprofit sectors, including at Palantir Technologies, and she served as chief of staff for Global Strategic Affairs in the Office of the Secretary of Defense, among other senior roles. Read More
Potential subject areas for consideration:
- Data Fabric,
- Computer Vision
- Deep Neural Networks
- AI Natural Language Processing
- Threat Intelligence Briefings
- Data Structures & Algorithms
- Data Capacity Building
- Computer Vision
- Deep Learning
- Data Collection
- Information Sharing
- Vulnerabilities of AI Systems
- Machine Learning
- Data Labeling/Cataloging
- Operations Research
All abstracts must be submitted as unclassified and 500 words or less without images or videos. To submit an abstract, visit the Presenter Center or select the button above. Abstracts should be distribution level A. There will be no classified sessions at the Forum this year.
Submission And Format Guidelines
- Abstracts are due on or before Wednesday, 21 February 2024, by 5:00 p.m. ET.
- The presentations need to be submitted by March 22nd.
- Abstracts should demonstrate the innovative research and contain an introduction and conclusion section.
- Abstracts will be published as submitted. No copy-editing will be provided. Submitters are responsible for thoroughly reviewing their submissions and ensuring accuracy before submission.
- Abstracts should be distribution level A.
- Abstract submissions will be evaluated on their relevance to the DoD Data, AI, and Analytics community and clarity of exposition. They must be received via email by Wednesday, 21 February 2024, by 5:00 p.m. ET. No exceptions will be allowed.
* Applicants will receive notification of submission status by Friday, 1 March 2024.
Call for Tutorials and Workshops
As part of this year's Forum, we will be hosting several tutorials and workshops. These provide a unique opportunity to share information in a more engaging way. If you are interested in teaching a tutorial or presenting at the workshop, we are now accepting submissions. Each submission must include the following information:
- Length of the tutorial/workshop
- Note: These can run anywhere from 25 min to 1 hour
- Level of the tutorial/workshop (i.e., introductory, advanced, etc.)
- Description and outline
Command PE MAJCOM Competition
Interested in competing in an intense and engaging team based wargaming competition? Think your team or MAJCOM has what it takes to own the crown for Air Dominance? Let us know you are interested when registering for the conference!
While registering, please select your interest and choose your MAJCOM to be entered into the competition.
You do not need a team right away nor do you need experience in wargaming or simulation software. Everything will be taught and there will folks on hand to help. Just bring your strategy, intellect, and desire to compete against your fellow Airmen and Guardians!
More information about the competition will be posted as we move closer to the event date. Those registered as interested will receive email updates on how to compete and form teams. Indicating interest does not commit you to compete. Competition will have limited interference with attendees ability to attend sessions/keynotes, and present if you are a briefer.
This forum will feature subject matter experts who will share their vast knowledge of data, AI and analytics as a part of an effort to support initiatives like the Department of Defense’s Joint All-Domain Command and Control and the Air Force’s Advanced Battle Management System to respond to a critical need, connecting sensors with shooters across all services in all domains.
Connect with over 1,000 top level decision makers in the data, analytics, and AI community.
Exhibitor registration is available for this special gathering of the nation’s top artificial intelligence and data experts to share, demonstrate, and expand collaborations among key government, military, academia and industry stakeholders.
Exhibitor registration deadline is 29 March 2024.
Please contact Ms. Katherine Miller at email@example.com for exhibiting questions.
Price (per exhibitor package):
- MORS Partner: $2,000
- Non-MORS Partner Industry: $3,500
- Military/Government* Exhibitor Only: $1,500
*All military/government space must be approved by Katherine Miller, Director of Partner Relations, firstname.lastname@example.org to qualify for the military/government rate. The contracting group must have a .mil or .gov in their email address to qualify.
- One 6ft Booth/Table
- Two Chairs
- Electricity/Power for Laptops
- Carpeted exhibiting area
- Two vendor representative registrations per booth
Networking events will be organized throughout the event. If you would like to showcase your company brand and host the popular networking social event, please email Ms. Katherine Miller at email@example.com. Customized sponsorships are also available to meet a variety of branding, outreach, and marketing objectives.
4000 S. Sandestin Blvd., Miramar Beach, FL 32550
Phone: (850) 267-9500
MORS Hotel Room Blocks:
*Please note that a Government ID will be required at check-in
TO EDIT YOUR HOTEL STAY: Be sure to look at the dates section towards the top of the page (Click “EDIT STAY”) to change the default dates to your arrival/departure dates before moving to the next page.
PLEASE NOTE: The hotel will charge the one night room and tax deposit on March 22, which is 14 days prior to the arrival date and within the 14 day cancellation window for the guest rooms.
Deadline to reserve: 20 March 2024
|Agenda Complete and Posted
|Final Presentations Due
Aerospace Chantilly Campus (ACC)
14745 Lee Road
Chantilly, VA 20151
SCI clearances are preferred for all visits if possessed by the visitor. All clearances should be passed by a recognized security office and appropriate security representative.
Information required for VAR
- Full Legal Name (no nicknames or aliases)
- Date of Birth
- Place of Birth
- Clearance Level (TS/SCI)
- Date(s) of Visit: 27 April 2023
- Purpose of Visit: DAF Data, Analytics, and AI Forum
Passing Visit Certifications
If unclass/classified email is not available, clearances can be passed by organizational security personnel through DISS. The SMO code for Aerospace is listed below.
DISS SMO Code: 0VMU4
Aerospace Security POC
Mr. Mike Wells, 571-304-7259
Please note that an active TS/SCI will be mandatory to attend the classified sessions. If you do not currently possess an active clearance, there will be unclassified sessions held at the host hotel.
All clearances must be submitted no later than 14 April in order to ensure proper validation and badging ahead of the event. The Forum planning team will send confirmation to all attendees whose clearances are validated.
If you have any additional questions, please reach out to the planning team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Intelligence Community Badge Reciprocity
Aerospace honors badge reciprocity for IC Government Blue Badge holders only. IC Blue Badge holders must be identified or registered as possessing an IC Blue Badge prior to arriving on site. IC Blue Badges must be presented at sign in to be honored. All other cleared visitors will need to send a visit authorization letter or request (VAL or VAR). Please allow 5 business days for processing.
The 2022 Department of the Air Force Analytical Awards will be presented on Wednesday, 25 April at 1700. The following awards recognize individuals and teams for their outstanding performance and analytic excellence in Operations Research based studies, analyses, and assessments in support of the Department of the Air Force mission:
- Lieutenant General Glenn A. Kent Leadership Award (GO and SES only)
- Dr. Jacqueline R. Henningsen Analyst Lifetime Achievement Award
- Department of the Air Force Field Grade Officer Analyst of the Year
- Department of the Air Force Company Grade Officer Analyst of the Year
- Department of the Air Force Senior Civilian Analyst of the Year
- Department of the Air Force Journeyman Civilian Analyst of the Year
- Department of the Air Force Analytic Team of the Year
- Outstanding Junior Analyst Award (Civilian, Officer, and Enlisted categories)
- Combat Analyst Award
- Analytic Innovation Award
- Analytic Excellence Award
- Department of the Air Force Non-Commissioned Officer Analyst of the Year
- Department of the Air Force Senior Non-Commissioned Officer Analyst of the Year
|U.S. Military/Government/DoD Employees
|MORS Member & Non-MORS Member
Contact Ms. Sarah Madonia at email@example.com with any registration questions.