MOR Journal Award
The purpose of this award is to:
- Support the belief of MORS and MAS that operations research represents people who apply scientific method to build quantitative models, manipulate data, evaluate results and who publish these results in a suitable form in the MOR journal, a refereed forum to the broad analytic community.
- Emphasize that the MOR journal promotes communication among practitioners of military operations research that is timely, important, and interesting to the MOR journal audience.
MORS and MAS will identify and recognize members of the analytic profession who have expanded the application of military operations research techniques, deepened insight into a specific defense area, or improved the available set of analytical tools, while communicating the results of their work to the broader analytical community by publishing an article in the MOR journal.
The criteria for eligibility are:
- Individuals must have published a technical article in the MOR journal during the previous calendar year whose content is judged to be timely, interesting and important to the MOR journal audience.
- Each published article will be judged on the basis of its ability to communicate to the military operations research community the ideas of the author(s) clearly, concisely, and unambiguously.
- Current Sponsors, the MOR Journal Editor, and members of the Publications Committee are not eligible for the MOR Journal Award.